The secret to online success is simple: maintaining a constant supply of interesting information on your website. “Interesting” of course depends on the needs of your target visitors. Whatever those specific needs are, you need to constantly furnish your website with fresh, engaging, helpful and entertaining content which is relevant to them.
The easiest way of maintaining such a constant supply is through blogging. Unless your website offers some form of news-based service (e.g. newspaper, magazine, celebrity gossip etc), your web content is unlikely to change frequently. And yet, in order to keep your visitors returning, and attract new ones, you need to constantly update your website with fresh content. The best way to update content is through blogging.
The Benefits Of Blogging
Blogging isn’t about updating web content for its own sake. It has a number of important benefits, the strongest of which are the following:
– Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing always strive to deliver relevant content to their users. One of the metrics they use is the degree of freshness of the content i.e. how frequently web content is updated. A website which is constantly updated tends to be ranked higher than one with stale or static content. Given that blogging ensures a constant supply of content to your website, it therefore enhances your SEO.
User Experience (UX)
– Blogging can enhance the overall user experience of your website. It does this by providing visitors with a steady stream of useful and engaging content. Given that UX is one of the metrics used to rank websites, blogging can contribute positively towards your SERP rankings.
Visitor Retention & Repeat Visitation
– Blogging is one of the most effective ways of retaining website visitors. The reason for this is simple: if a visitor finds an engaging piece on your blog, they are more likely to stick around. This reduces the overall bounce rate of your website.
Blogging is also great for ensuring repeat visitation. When people associate your website with great content, they keep on returning. Repeat visitation is invaluable for internet marketing. This is because it creates an opportunity to build a marketable audience.
– Blogging is one of the best ways of engaging the users of your website. This engagement can come through the comments users can post on the blog. It even becomes more powerful if the blog is promoted on social media. The amount of user engagement through social media can enhance your “social media signals” and thereby contribute towards your SEO efforts.
– Blogging is one of the most effective ways of creating inbound links (backlinks). A blog can create inbound links in three ways. First of all, through guest blogging, you can create backlinks from other websites. Secondly, by promoting your blogs on social media, you can get backlinks from the social media activities (i.e. shares, mentions, retweets and discussions). Finally, you can place links in the blogs which lead to other pages within your website. All this linking contributes towards your website’s SEO.
Product and Service Promotion
– A blog can be an invaluable tool for promoting your products and services. You can use it directly for keeping visitors updated on your latest offers, discounts, new products and promotions. You can also use it indirectly by providing helpful content, and then capping it with a clear and compelling call-to-action regarding a specific product or service.
Content Authority and Credibility
– Blogging is one of the best ways of establishing yourself as an authority in your niche. If you constantly update your blog with useful, relevant, well-researched and well presented content, it builds your credibility. This enables you to build a large number of followers. It also encourages other websites to link to your website. The end result is that your credibility in your niche shoots through the roof.
Okay, So What Makes For A Great Blog?
To fully enjoy the benefits of blogging, you need a great blog to start with. Besides being updated frequently, a great blog has the following characteristics:
– The most important aspect of a blog is its headline. A blog’s headline is like bait – luring the user to read it. As such a great blog must have a catchy headline. There are numerous tried and tested techniques of writing great headlines. We’ll not get into those right now. The point here is that the blog’s headline must entice a user to want to read it.
– Beyond the headline, the body of the blog needs to captivate the reader. This means that the blog needs to first of all present helpful content. It also means that the content has to be written in a manner which is vivid, lucid and engaging. As soon as a person begins reading it, they shouldn’t stop until the end. This means that the blog has to be well-written.
– A great blog needs to be enhanced with engaging graphics, pictures, videos or even audios. The reason for this is simple: people can’t just read words all the time. They need visual images or audio cues to spice things up. Precise usage of media makes a blog more exciting, engaging and invigorating to the user plus it can be really useful getting your point across. As the old saying goes, “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words”.
Clear And Concise Call-To-Action
– A great blog needs to be directed towards achieving a specific purpose. Beyond engaging the visitor, there needs to be some action a user should take after reading the blog. Such actions can range from signing up for a product or service to posting a comment or even sharing the blog on social media. As such, the blog should end with a clear and concise call-to-action. Without such a call-to-action, all the efforts spent in creating the great blog will be largely wasted.
Effective Auxiliary Services
– A great blog needs an effective promotional strategy. This is because promoting the blog is a core component of blogging. For this, it needs an effective auxiliary service i.e. services which make promoting it much simpler. Examples of such auxiliary blogging services include SendGrid, MailChimp, Constant Contact and Aweber – which are used for creating mailing lists, and using email marketing to promote the blog. Another really useful auxiliary service is our auto-poster software. It simplifies things by posting your blog posts on social media platforms as well as bookmarking websites which allows getting your posts, messages and announcements out to the popular social networks very quickly and without having to manually log into each account. A real time saver!
Why You Need Professional Blogging Services
Creating a great blog requires time, effort and intricate knowledge of internet marketing. At the very least, you need to research content, write it, edit it, and create relevant media (pictures and videos) that will support your article. That is before you even begin promoting the blog!
Doing this for a single blog post can be tiresome. For a constant stream of blog posts, it can become a full time job. This is where blogging services come in handy. They save you from the hustle of having to create, maintain or promote your blog. They enable you to simply sit back and enjoy the benefits of blogging.
If you desire professional blogging services, then you are in the right place! We have just the right thing for you. Our blogging services include:
– researching and writing the blog
– creating relevant media for the blog
– promoting the blog
– setting up auxiliary services like SendGrid, MailChimp, Constant Contact and Aweber
– setting up auto-posting to post your blog to your social media and/or bookmarking websites
– performing analytics on your blog
In a Nutshell…
Our blogging services can enable you to enjoy the full benefits of blogging without lifting a finger. Therefore, if you truly desire to harness the power of blogging for your website, simply sign up for our services. To start, please call 303-200-1000 and let our team of writers walk you through some of our options. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about our professional blogging services. Or just fill out the form on this page and request more information about this service and we’ll respond back within 24 hours!
Your SEO Guide to the Top!
Call 303-200-1000 for a Free Consultation.
Back to Top